BMW Motorrad will enter the premium cruiser segment in style with local introduction of the first-ever BMW R 18 in Q3, 2020.
Paying homage to historic BMW motorcycles, the new R18 showcases sleek, classic design with traditionally inspired elements evident throughout its suite of details.
It will also be positioned competitively in the market, with prices starting at $26,890. The R 18 First Edition, which features an exclusive look with signature double pin striping paint and chrome, is available in limited numbers for $30,190.
The initial batch of R 18 First Editions allocated to Australia arriving this year are fitted with Reverse assist, bringing the price to $31,690.
The simple, powerful aesthetic of the BMW R 18 and its extensive range of optional extras, such as the Original BMW Motorrad Accessories, elevate and embolden the concept of individualisation to suit different customer tastes and preferences.
Apart from its arresting visual elements, the new heritage cruiser integrates technical aspects from famous models such as the BMW R 5 and focuses on motorcycle essentials that create pure riding pleasure.
The BMW boxer engine is unmistakably the centrepiece of the new R 18, and in combination with its distinctive ergonomics and contemporary technology, delivers versatility and suitability for everyday riding and relaxed weekend cruising.
Highlights of the new BMW R 18 – $26,890 MRLP
- Blend of iconic styling with advanced, modern technology
- Largest-ever two-cylinder BMW boxer engine at 1802cc
- Output of 67kW at 4,750rpm and maximum torque of 158Nm at 3,000rpm. More than 150Nm available at all times from 2,000 to 4,000rpm
- Exposed drive-shaft and elaborate double-loop steel tube frame based on classic models
- Rear swingarm with enclosed axle drive in rigid frame design
- Telescopic fork with sleeves and cantilever suspension strut that includes travel-dependent damping
- Harmonious ergonomics for relaxed riding and optimum control
- Disc brakes front and rear with wire-spoked wheels
- State-of-the-art LED lighting technology with classically interpreted design
- Adaptive turning light for enhanced road illumination and cornering illumination available as an ex-factory option
- Classically designed circular instrument cluster with integrated display and ‘Berlin-Built’ label
- Keyless Ride for convenient functionality and activation by remote control
- Three standard riding modes, ASC and MSR
- Reverse assist for convenient manoeuvring and Hill Start Control for easy hill starts available as ex-factory options – $1,500
- R 18 First Edition package offers an exclusive look in signature double pin striping paint and chrome – $30,190
- Initial allocation of R 18 First Edition units for local market fitted with Reverse assist, bringing price to $31,690.
*Recommended Retail Pricing is shown and includes GST, but excludes on-road costs. Customers are advised to contact their nearest BMW Motorrad dealer for all pricing enquiries.