ŠKODA Australia is continuing its record-breaking run of 2019 with a 2020 full of new products, including the introduction of a brand-new nameplate in the small hatch category, the tech-packed SCALA range.
In 2020, ŠKODA’s evolution as a mainstream European player is complete. With the arrival of its new SCALA hatch, followed closely by the KAMIQ compact SUV, ŠKODA will be represented in the major volume market segments, and offer a family of vehicles laden with European style, practicality, the latest technology and value.
The new SCALA features the latest ŠKODA design language as currently seen in the KODIAQ, KAROQ and SUPERB models and, in keeping with ŠKODA Australia’s ethos of offering ‘more car for the money’, an armada of safety, convenience and infotainment systems as standard.
When it arrives in Australian dealerships in June, the SCALA will be offered in with a potent 110TSI turbocharged petrol engine, mated to either a six-speed manual or seven-speed DSG transmission, across three range variants at the time of launch: 110TSI, Monte Carlo and a limited Launch Edition.
Despite there being nothing ‘entry level’ about the 110TSI model grade, the lead-in variant of the SCALA range offers standard features usually found in more expensive prestige brands. Standard exterior features include full LED tail lights with dynamic (sweeping) rear indicators, 18-inch alloy wheels and tinted privacy glass. Inside, the SCALA is just as comfortable and intuitive as ŠKODA customers have come to expect of the range. Technology highlights include adaptive cruise control, automatic tailgate, Smartlink integration with Apple Carplay and Android Auto with wireless charging, as well as Front and Lane Assist systems.
The innovative Virtual Cockpit, with a 10.25-inch high definition colour display, is also standard across the range. A newly positioned infotainment system (8-inch on 110TSI and Monte Carlo variants and 9.2-inches on Launch Edition) gives the driver a full suite of apps and services at their fingertips, while red ambient lighting completes the impressive interior layout.
Building on an extremely strong base of standard equipment, the Monte Carlo and Launch Edition ranges extend the list of features and equipment. Highlights include the signature red styling in the Monte Carlo sports seats and leather appointed trim in the Launch Edition, a standard panoramic sunroof for the Monte Carlo, and the premiere of wireless Smartlink connectivity in the Launch Edition.
The SCALA range is available for order now, and will be on-sale in ŠKODA Australia’s national dealer network from June. The range will launch with sharp driveaway pricing for early bird ŠKODA customers.
SCALA 110TSI manual and DSG
- 18″ Wheel (VEGA Silver)
- Window surrounds in black
- Auto Tailgate
- Rear Parking sensors
- Adaptive cruise control
- Virtual Cockpit
- Tinted windows
- Wireless charging
- Lane Assist
- 7 airbags
- Exterior mirrors, auto-dimming, power-folding/adjustable/heated
- Seat belt reminder, electric contact in buckle, advanced safety equipment
- Hill hold control
- Fatigue detection
- Voice control
- Front fog lights
- Full LED rear lights, animated turn signal
- Central locking system (2x foldable keys with remote control)
- Rearview Camera
- BOLERO (8″) Infotainment
- Unsplit rear seat bench, split folding backrest, with center armrest
- Center armrest in front “Jumbo Box” + 2 USBs rear (charging only)
- Multifunction leather sports steering wheel for Radio and Telephone
- Ambient lightning red
- Manual height adjustment with manual lumbar support for front seats
- Steel spare wheel, car jack, wheel wrench
- Floor mats in front and rear
- Tire pressure monitoring system
- Luggage compartment mat (rubber/fabric)
- 12-volt socket in luggage boot
- Trunk package (Cargo elements, net under rear shelf, net programme with bag, 2 hooks in top tether in trunk)
Monte Carlo (Difference to SCALA 110TSI)
- Exterior black elements
- 18″ wheel (Vega Black)
- Panoramic Roof
- Sports Seats and pedals
- FULL LED headlights with AFS
- Dual-Zone ‘Climatronic’ air conditioning with humidity sensor
- KESSY with SAFE and Alarm
- Sport Chassis Control (-15mm) incl. Drive Mode Select
Launch Edition (Difference to Monte Carlo):
- Body coloured door mirrors, chrome grill frame and window surrounds
- 18″ Wheel style (VEGA Aero)
- Leather/Suedia Seats
- Heated front and rear seats
- Electric Drivers seat
- AMUNDSEN (9.2″) Infotainment system
- Satellite Navigation
- Light Assist + Rain Sensor + auto dim rear view mirror
- Wireless SmartLink (Apple Carplay only at launch – Android Auto available later in 2020)
- Auto Parking Assist
- Side Assist (with blind spot)
- Rear Traffic Alert
|SCALA 110TSI Manual||$27,690||$26,990|
|SCALA 110TSI DSG||$28,690||$28,990|
|SCALA Monte Carlo DSG||$33,390||$33,990|
|SCALA Launch Edition DSG||$34,690||$35,990|