Peugeot Australia is gearing up to further capitalise on its success in the light commercial vehicle (LCV) segment with an updated LCV family for the coming 2022 model year (MY22).
Peugeot Australia will soon welcome its revitalised van range comprising the familiar Partner, Expert and Boxer models but in a broadened family covering a revised range introducing City, Pro, Premium and Sport model grades with vehicle specification changes giving customers more choice.
Aimed at meeting a wide variety of business needs, the changes bring a specification realignment to Peugeot’s entire light commercial family, an LCV triple threat neatly covering the small, medium and large sectors and moving from a ‘one size fits all’ strategy to a more comprehensive model range maximising versatility and meeting the varying needs of both owner-operators and owner-drivers, including small-to-medium businesses and ‘tool of trade’ buyers.
Two Permanent Variants and a Limited Edition for 2022
Two new permanent models have been introduced to the line-up in the form of Partner Long with automatic transmission and Expert Long with manual transmission, both meeting specific buyer needs. As well, the Expert Sport Limited Edition offers plenty of advantages to some buyers who may otherwise have only considered a ute.
New Partner, Expert and Boxer have each been designed for maximum practicality and functionality, the range addressing demands for safety, functionality, low daily running costs and reduced total ownership costs while broadening overall buyer appeal.
Announcing the imminent arrival of the transformed van family, Peugeot Australia General Manager, Kate Gillis, said the revitalised LCV range presents a significant opportunity for Peugeot’s continued growth in the commercial segment.
“We have seen how Peugeot’s LCV range has resonated with Australian consumers, particularly with small and medium-sized business owners, since its 2019 launch and we are confident the new range will further increase that appeal.
“With a line-up that now caters to a broader variety of customer needs and aligns with the expectations of our buyers, there is great anticipation for the arrival of the new range,” Ms Gillis added.
With stock availability of the outgoing Peugeot LCV range almost exhausted, customers are encouraged to discuss the revitalised MY22 range with their local Peugeot dealer. Pre-order is available now to ensure customers secure their order in the first arrivals of the MY22 Peugeot LCV range. The MY22 Peugeot LCV range is expected to arrive in showrooms in Q1, 2022.
Explaining the Grades
CITY: This model grade is all about work, making minor equipment adjustments to hit a lower price point (compared to the outgoing model). In short, maximum ability at an appealing entry-level price.
PRO: The model grade of choice for owner-operators and owner-drivers in need of a ‘fit for purpose’ van with impressive equipment and safety levels.
PREMIUM: With higher equipment levels this grade is for owner-drivers, small-to-medium businesses and tool-of -trade buyers in need of a more car-like van.
SPORT: Exclusive to the Expert model as a limited-edition variant, Sport is madefor owner-drivers who want their businesses to stand out. Sport is a safe, comfortable, equipment-packed van with more functionality than a utility but with the same carrying capacity.
The New Family, Model by Model
While Peugeot’s smallest van continues to be sold in two distinct body lengths, MY22 Partner introduces three new Long variants to the range in the form of City, Pro and Premium, each fitted exclusively with the eight-speed hydraulic automatic transmission.
Size and payload mark the three new arrivals as genuine alternatives to the mid-size van segment and at significantly lower cost, especially as automatic Partner in both Short and Long variants are the only three-seaters in the class.
The eight-speed automatic transmission is a smooth shifter with instant responsiveness and designed to maximise the turbocharged engine’s low-range torque – and all without adding to Partner’s servicing costs.
Built on the same EMP2 platform underpinning Peugeot’s highly awarded passenger cars and SUVs and featuring Peugeot’s acclaimed i-CockpitTM cabin design, Partner delivers maximum manoeuvrability courtesy of minimal front and rear overhangs and a tight turning circle.
As an example, its kerb-to-kerb turning radius is just 10.82m (Short) and 11.43m (Long), making it an extremely nimble city dweller.
Partner’s payload is also one of the best in its class with maximum load capacities of 629-660kg (Short) and 898-1,000kg (Long) and up to 3.9 cubic metres maximum volume. This increases up to 4.4 cubic meters in Pro Long and Premium Long variants that have load-thru bulkheads.
Power for Peugeot’s nippy city van comes from a Euro6.3-compliant turbocharged, 1.2 litre, four-cylinder petrol engine delivering 81 kilowatts when teamed with the six-speed manual transmission and 96 kilowatts mated to the eight-speed automatic.
City Short Manual is available only with the 81kW engine and manual transmission combination while all other variants have the 96kW engine and eight-speed automatic as standard.
Partner key product features
- Available in Short and Long body variants
- 1.2L, four-cylinder, Euro6.3-compliant turbo-petrol engine – 81kW/205Nm (6MT) and 96kW/230Nm (8AT)
- City Short offers a choice of manual or automatic transmissions
- City Long is automatic only
- Passenger-side sliding door, 629 -660kg payload (Short models)
- Dual sliding side doors, 898-1,000kg payload (Long models)
- Two front seats
- 1,200-1,300kg (Short)/950kg (Long) braked towing capacity
- Safety features include six airbags (front, side, curtain), Electronic Stability Control, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Electronic Braking Assist, Hill Start Assist
- Windscreen-mounted reversing camera, reversing sensors
- Infotainment system with 5-inch monochrome display
- Manually controlled air-conditioning, lights and windscreen wipers
- Spacious cargo bay: 3.3 cubic metres (Short) and 3.9 cubic metres (Long)
- Glazed dividing cargo bay bulkhead
- 180-degree swing ‘barn door-style’ rear doors
- 5.8L (Short MT) and 5.9 (Long) /100km (combined) fuel economy
- Available in Short and Long body variants
- 1.2L, four-cylinder, Euro6-compliant turbo-petrol engine – 96kW/230Nm, 8AT
- Dual sliding side doors
- Three seats (Single driver, double passenger bench)
- Electronic park brake
- 898kg (Short) /1,000kg (Long) Payload
- 900kg (Short)/950Kg (Long) braked towing capacity
- Safety features include six airbags (front, side & curtain), Electronic Stability Control, Electronic Brakeforce Distribution, Electronic Braking Assist, Automatic Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Warning, Hill Start Assist, Lane Departure Warning, Lane Keep Assist, Speed Sign Recognition
- Apple CarPlay™/Android Auto®-compatible infotainment system with 8-inch touchscreen
- Reversing camera (touchscreen display) and rear sensors
- Automatically controlled air-conditioning, lights and windscreen wipers
- Flip-down table
- MULTIFLEX under-seat storage with ‘Load Thru’ hatch adds 0.5 cubic metre cargo space
- 5.9L/100km (combined) fuel economy
PREMIUM (Optional on Pro Models)
- Leather steering wheel
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Body-coloured painted rear bumper, side mouldings, sliding door rails and side mirrors
- Electronic folding side mirrors
- Keyless entry with push-button start
With the midsize van segment the biggest in Australia, Peugeot Expert is the model best-placed to drive volume and with that in mind, the MY22 Expert family sees significant changes with a revised range making each variant a distinct value proposition.
Both Short and Long variants, at 4.95m and 5.30m overall length respectively, are designed for the core of the light-commercial-vehicle market while the 1.94m roof height guarantees Expert access to all car parks.
The range starts with the City Short variant, an economical, no-frills alternative to other entry level, mid-size vans. Aimed mainly at owner-drivers and small to medium businesses, it packs a powerful punch with its economical Euro5-compliant 2.0 litre, four-cylinder turbo diesel delivering 110kW of power and 370Nm of torque, all delivered through a six-speed manual transmission.
Using the same engine and transmission as City Short, new Expert Pro Long is the next step up, providing more space to increase owner-driver and owner-operator appeal and make it ideal for couriers and regional buyers who need a larger van but don’t need automatic transmission.
Pro will suit anyone looking for a highly functional ‘fit for purpose’ van offering strong levels of safety. Aimed at both fleet buyers and tool-of-trade owner-drivers (mostly in the building trades), it will be available in Short and Long variants with the hydraulic eight-speed automatic and new Long with six-speed manual transmission.
Practical features include dual side sliding doors, glazed 180-degree swinging rear doors, three front seats and up to 1.4-tonnes cargo capacity. Expert Pro safety features extend to Autonomous Emergency Braking, Forward Collision and Blindspot Warning, reversing camera and rear parking sensors.
Expert Premium is designed to appeal to owner-drivers looking for a dual-purpose vehicle, or tool-of-trade buyers who want a more car-like van, a dual-purpose carryall blending workhorse practicality with levels of style and comfort not usually found in a working class van.
This van brings a new level of style to the segment by adding 17-inch diameter silver alloy wheels, body-coloured front and rear bumpers, side mirrors, door handles, side mouldings and sliding door rails, LED daytime running lamps, front fog lamps and, inside, the ‘Moduwork’ mobile office pack that includes a generous under-seat storage space and glazed cabin divider.
Expert Sport LE is a limited edition that stands as a perfect and practical alternative to a dual-cab utility vehicle. Not only does it have more space with greater security, but it is also cheaper to buy and run.
Built using the Short body, it stands apart visually courtesy of its unique ‘Sport’ decals, black 17-inch alloy wheels and Xenon headlamps while driving appeal is heightened by a head-up display, automatic air-conditioning, front parking sensors, keyless entry and push-button start.
A high output, Euro6-compliant version of the 2.0 litre turbo diesel delivers 130kW and 400Nm, sent to the road through the smooth and responsive eight-speed automatic which, for this particular model, features a steering column-mounted paddle shift for snap gear changes.
Expert key product features
- Short body variant
- 2.0L, four-cylinder, Euro5-compliant turbo diesel (TDI) engine – 110kW/370Nm, 6-speed manual transmission
- 1.4-tonne payload
- Electronic Stability Control
- Four airbags
- Glazed cargo bay dividing bulkhead
- 16-inch steel wheels
- Dual sliding side doors, glazed 180-degree ‘barn-door style’ swinging rear doors with windscreen wipers and demister
- Reversing camera
- 5.3 cubic metre cargo bay with glazed dividing bulkhead
- Three front seats
- 6.0L/100km (combined) fuel economy
- Available in Short and Long variants with 8-speed automatic transmission and new Long variant with 6-speed manual transmission
- 2.0L, four-cylinder, Euro5-compiant turbo diesel (TDI) engine – 110kW/370Nm, 6-speed manual or 8-speed automatic transmission
- Video Autonomous Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Warning, Blind Spot Warning, Active Cruise Control
- 7-inch colour touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay & Android Auto connectivity
- Reversing camera (image displayed in touchscreen) and rear parking sensors
- Automatic light and windscreen wiper activation, auto-dimming rear-view mirror
- 1.0-tonne (Short) and 1.35-tonne (Long) payload
- 1.8-tonne (Long) and 2.1-tonne (Short) braked towing capacity
- 5.3 cubic metres (Short) and 6.1 cubic metres (Long) cargo volume
- Three front seats (Single driver, double passenger bench)
- 6.3L (AT) and 6.0L (MT)/100km (combined) fuel economy
PREMIUM (Optional on PRO variants with automatic transmission)
- ‘MODUWORK’ Mobile Office pack featuring a flip-down worktable, under-seat storage and ‘Load Thru’ hatch adding 0.5 cubic metres of storage space
- Body-coloured front and rear bumpers, side mirrors, door handles, side mouldings and sliding door rails
- LED daytime running lamps and front fog lamps
- 17-inch diameter silver alloy wheels
- 6.3L/100km (combined) fuel economy
- Short Body variant
- 2.0L, four-cylinder, Euro6.3-compliant (AdBlue) turbo diesel (TDI) engine – 130kW/400Nm and 8-speed automatic transmission
- 2.5-tonne braked towing capacity
- Unique ‘Sport’ decals
- 17-inch diameter black alloy wheels
- Xenon headlamps
- Head-up Display
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Keyless entry and push-button start
- Climate control air-conditioning
Peugeot’s full-size Boxer van rounds-out the commercial vehicle portfolio.
The French heavyweight will be available only as a single variant for MY22. Called Boxer Pro Long, it boasts an impressive 1.59-tonne carrying capacity and 13 cubic metre cargo space across its generous 3.7m load length.
Peugeot’s big van has had a price and specification adjustment to meet the specific needs of the owner-driver courier market, making it the most van for the least cost and achieving maximum productivity without scrimping on comfort, safety and convenience features.
Boxer has been built for maximum reliability and endurance compatible with intensive use and, like its smaller stablemates, ranks occupant comfort and safety equally with practicality and usefulness.
New Boxer is powered by a gutsy, Euro6-compliant, 2.0 litre, four-cylinder turbo-diesel engine developing 120kW and 310Nm. It is available only with a six-speed manual transmission.
Boxer key product features
- 13 cubic metre cargo capacity
- 2.0L, four-cylinder, Euro6-compliant (AdBlue) turbo diesel – 120kW/310Nm and 6-speed manual transmission
- 1.59-tonne payload
- 2.5-tonnes braked towing capacity
- Single passenger side sliding door
- Three seats (Single driver, double passenger bench)
- Autonomous Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Warning, Lane Departure Warning, Electronic Stability Control
- Reversing camera and sensors
- Driver and passenger Front Airbags
- 6.4L/100km (combined) fuel economy
Full specifications for new Partner, Expert and Boxer will be announced closer to their Australian launch.
MY22 Peugeot Light Commercial Vehicle Range
|MY22 Peugeot Partner|
|Partner City Short Manual||1.2L, 81kW||Petrol 95||6MT||$26,990*|
|Partner City Short Auto||1.2L, 96kW||Petrol 95||8AT||$29,990*|
|Partner City Long Auto||1.2L, 96kW||Petrol 95||8AT||$32,490*|
|Partner Pro Short Auto||1.2L, 96kW||Petrol 95||8AT||$31,990*|
|Partner Pro Long Auto||1.2L, 96kW||Petrol 95||8AT||$34,490*|
|Partner Premium Short Auto||1.2L, 96kW||Petrol 95||8AT||$34,480*|
|Partner Premium Long Auto||1.2L, 96kW||Petrol 95||8AT||$36,980*|
|MY22 Peugeot Expert|
|Expert City Short Manual||2.0L 110kW||Diesel||6MT||$38,990*|
|Expert Pro Short Auto||2.0L 110kW||Diesel||8AT||$42,990*|
|Expert Pro Long Manual||2.0L 110kW||Diesel||6MT||$41,990*|
|Expert Pro Long Auto||2.0L 110kW||Diesel||8AT||$44,990*|
|Expert Premium Short Auto||2.0L 110kW||Diesel||8AT||$46,180*|
|Expert Premium Long Auto||2.0L 110kW||Diesel||8AT||$48,180*|
|Expert Sport Short Auto||2.0L 132kW||Diesel||8AT||$49,990*|
|MY22 Peugeot Boxer|
|Boxer Pro Long Manual||2.0L 120kW||Diesel||6MT||$48,990*|
* Prices are Peugeot Australia Manufacturer’s List Prices only and include GST on the list price but exclude dealer delivery charges and all other government and statutory charges.