Mazda Australia has announced significant updates to the Light SUV segment leading CX-3 range, headlined by the limited-edition 100th Anniversary model.
Limited to only 70 units nationally, the Mazda CX-3 100th Anniversary Special Edition will be joined by a permanent addition to the CX-3 range: The Maxx Sport LE.
The refreshed Mazda CX-3 range will go on-sale in late-January 2021.
The Mazda CX-3 100th Anniversary Special Edition is based on the high-spec Akari front-wheel drive automatic grade.
Befitting a limited-production model, this special CX-3 gains Snowflake White Pearl Mica paintwork and Burgundy leather upholstery, referencing the R360 – Mazda’s first-ever passenger vehicle.
Also included are 100th anniversary embossed headrests and bespoke badging to the body sides, hub caps, key fobs and interior floor mats, ensuring the Special Edition stands out wherever you may be.
Featuring its own interior design, the new CX-3 Maxx Sport LE has its own distinct personality.
Available in six-speed automatic, front-wheel drive form, the Mazda CX-3 Maxx Sport LE is trimmed in Tan Grand Luxe suede-like material and Pure White Maztex leatherette upholstery.
Finished with black piping, this new interior theme looks and feels opulent while being supremely comfortable.
Both Mazda CX-3 100th Anniversary Special Edition and Maxx Sport LE also benefit from the broader range updates.
A new seat design benefits the entire Mazda CX-3 range, with a newly developed internal structure created to reduce driver and passenger fatigue. The concept – a feature of Mazda’s seventh-generation Mazda3 and CX-30 offerings – has been adopted in CX-3 to ensure the best seating posture possible.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto have both been integrated into the Mazda Connect infotainment system to keep occupants connected, while new-design key fobs and badging bring CX-3 up-to-date with a sophisticated edge.
Active safety remains a focus point with the range-wide Smart City Brake Support (SCBS) adding night time pedestrian detection, while the automatic head lights are now more sensitive to changing light conditions, further assisting the SCBS function in low light conditions.
Both Maxx Sport and Maxx Sport LE gain the auto-dimming function for the rear-view mirror (standard on sTouring, Akari and Akari LE) for added convenience, while sTouring adds High Beam Control and Lane Departure Warning to its safety suite.
The new Polymetal Grey Metallic exterior paintwork has also been added to the Mazda CX-3’s colour palette.
All Australian Mazda CX-3 variants are powered by a 2.0-litre Skyactiv-G petrol engine, with a choice of front- or all-wheel drive available depending on grade.
Featuring a high 13.0:1 compression ratio and Mazda’s i-stop technology, this advanced petrol engine delivers 110kW at 6,000rpm and 195Nm at an accessible 2,800rpm, for maximum response throughout the rev range.
Continuing Mazda Australia’s strategy of maximising customer choice, front-wheel drive CX-3s can be ordered with a choice of six-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions depending on grade.
For front-wheel drive manual variants, combined fuel consumption sits at 6.6L/100km. Opting for the six-speed automatic transmission drops this to 6.3L/100km
Mazda’s i-Activ all-wheel drive system is exclusively available with the six-speed automatic transmission, returning 6.7L/100km on the combined fuel economy cycle.
Key specification highlights
Mazda CX-3 Neo Sport
- 16-inch steel wheels with 215/60 tyres
- Halogen headlamps
- Power mirrors, body coloured with folding function
- Airbags: front and passenger, front sides, front and rear curtains
- Front seats with height adjustment
- Black cloth upholstery
- Rear seats with 60/40 split fold
- Electric parking brake with auto hold function
- 7.0-inch full colour touchscreen infotainment
- Six-speaker audio system with AM/FM and DAB+
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration
- Bluetooth handsfree phone and audio capability
- Internet radio integration
- Multi-function ‘commander’ control
- Advanced keyless push-button start
- Rear parking sensors
- Reverse camera
- Smart City Brake Support with night time pedestrian recognition
Maxx Sport (in addition to Neo Sport)
- 16-inch alloy wheels
- Headlamps with auto on/off
- 2-speed front wipers with rain-sensing function
- Rear seats with centre fold-down armrest
- Leather-wrapped gear knob and steering wheel
- Overhead sunglass storage box
- Climate control air-conditioning
- Satellite navigation
- Rear-view mirror with auto-dimming function
- Blind Spot Monitoring
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
Maxx Sport LE (in addition to Maxx Sport)
- Tan Grand Luxe suede-like material and Pure White Maztex leatherette upholstery.
- Unique 16-inch alloy wheels
- Gloss black side mirrors and front grille
sTouring (in addition to Maxx Sport)
- 18-inch alloy wheels with 215/50 tyres
- Power mirrors, body coloured with heating and folding functions
- LED daytime running lamps
- LED front fog-lamps
- LED Headlamps
- LED tail-lamps
- High Beam Control
- Black Maztex and black cloth upholstery
- Active Driving Display (flip-up)
- Advanced keyless entry
- Driver Attention Alert
- Front parking sensors
- Traffic Sign Recognition
- Lane Departure Warning
Akari (in addition to sTouring)
- Power sliding and tilt glass sunroof
- Driver’s seat with 2-position memory function and 10-way power adjustment
- Seat heating for driver and front passenger
- Black or Pure white leather upholstery
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop & Go function
- 360-degree View Monitor
- Adaptive LED Headlamps
Akari LE (in addition to Akari)
- Bright-finished alloy wheels
- Dark russet nappa leather upholstery
- Dark russet centre console, centre and door armrests with white stitching
- Pure white metallic airvent rings
- Pure white door and dashboard trim inserts
100th Anniversary Special Edition (in addition to Akari)
- Snowflake White Pearl Mica paintwork
- Burgundy leather upholstery with embossed headrests
- Specific badging to body sides, hub caps, key fobs and interior floor mats
Mazda CX-3: Model lineup and pricing at a glance
|Grade||MRLP (ex. on-road costs)|
|Neo Sport FWD manual||$22,890|
|Neo Sport FWD auto||$24,890|
|Maxx Sport FWD manual||$24,890|
|Maxx Sport FWD auto||$26,890|
|Maxx Sport LE FWD auto||$27,640|
|Maxx Sport AWD auto||$28,890|
|sTouring FWD manual||$29,090|
|sTouring FWD auto||$31,090|
|sTouring AWD auto||$33,090|
|Akari FWD manual||$34,190|
|Akari FWD auto||$36,190|
|Akari AWD auto||$38,190|
|Akari LE FWD auto||$36,690|
|Akari LE AWD auto||$38,690|
|100th Anniversary Special Edition FWD auto||$37,690|